You are here > Home / Parks
River View Community Park
In 1965, Robert Jonard, President of the Warsaw Lions Club, had a dream to create a local community park that would serve the Village Residents of Warsaw as well as the western half of Coshocton County. In 1967 this dream came to fruition, becoming a reality when the River View Community Recreation Corporation purchased a 10-acre tract of land on the eastern edge of Warsaw.
The park has since expanded to 17 acres of beautifully maintained land and serves as a gathering place for many of the village's residents. Numerous festivals and sporting events take place at the park throughout the year and you can often find impromptu gatherings during the weekends.
With the parks increased use and growth has come numerous additions to the equipment and facilities located there.
- The River View Community Park Includes:
- A colorful children's playground - complete with swings, monkey bars and slides (as well as benches for the parents)
- A Tennis Court
- Men and Women Restroom Facilities
- Eight half-court basketball arenas, all well maintained and freshly painted.
- Two picnic shelters, one with a full kitchen. As well as numerous non-sheltered picnic tables.
- Three full-sized, fenced baseball diamonds (two of which are lighted).
There is ample room for parking your vehicle, even during the busiest of events and festivities.
The River View Community Park Board is a volunteer organization that meets on the second Tuesday of every month at the Village Hall, 7:00pm. Their objective is to oversee the day to day operations of the park and pool conduct fund raisers in support of them. All are welcome to join!
Shelter Rental Information
All Park Shelters are available at no charge on a first come, first serve
basis. However, if you would like to reserve a shelter for a particular
date to guarantee availability, please read the following information and
use the Shelter Request Form below:
Shelter Request Form
- Large shelter features a full kitchen area with refrigerators and cook tops - $75.00 plus $50.00 Security Deposit
- Small covered shelter - $40.00
If you are interested in checking availability of the shelters, please contact the Village office at 740-824-3600. Reservations are not confirmed until the Shelter Request Form and payment are received.
Please download and send in the Shelter Request Form with payment to the Village of Warsaw, PO Box 399 Warsaw,Ohio 43844
Park Board Members
- Jesse Fischer
- Corey Fischer
- B.J. Russell
The Park Board Officers wish to thank all of the many dedicated community volunteers who give of their time and resources to support the Park Boards project to support the River View Community Park.
River View Community Pool
The River View Community Pool complex, located at the park, consists of an L-shaped pool complete with a diving board and two tube slides. The pool depth ranges from 3ft. on the shallow side to a full 10ft. deep near the diving boards. The pool complex also features a water park with a mushroom waterfall and geysers. Also, new increased green space with shade umbrellas for parents and infants. Additionally, the complex houses changing rooms, a concession stand and a game room.
Updated February 21, 2017
The River View Community Pool offers photo ID based "Group Memberships", and ALL MEMBERSHIPS ARE PURCHASED AT THE POOL. For those who wish to take advantage of the "Early Bird" 15% discounted price, there will be 3 signup days at the pool: May 6th, May 13th, and May 20th, 2017. ALL SIGNUP days will be at the pool from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Otherwise, all memberships will be purchased at the pool during normal hours when the season begins. The pool will open on May 27, 2016. All persons that will be included on the membership must be present at the time it is purchased in order for identification process (picture)
- Pool Hours - (subject to Managers Discretion)
- Monday thru Saturday - 11:00AM to 7:00PM
- Sunday - 1:00PM to 7:00PM
- Daily Admission
- $5.00 per person - 18 years old and up
- $4.00 per person - 2 to 17 years old
- Under 2 years of age is FREE
- Memberships - (Pricing)
- Group: A Group Membership will allow up to four (4) people, with a maximum of any two (2) adults (over 18), and a minimum of one (1) adult per membership. If there will be more than 4 total, additional people may be added for an extra charge per person, up to a total cap of 7 (maximum of 2 adults per membership). If there will be more than two adults, which includes college students, or 7 total people, then they must purchase a single membership, a punch card, or pay daily admission. Membership cards will not be required for entry, just the group name for picture identification by staff.
- Single: Single Memberships: are for only one (1) person.
- 30-Day Punch Card: This card is good for 30 admissions and can be used through out the entire summer. Examples: Grandparents and grandchildren, baby-sitters, visiting families, kids going to camps and not having all summer, etc.
Management is not responsible for lost or stolen punch cards.
7th Annual Parktoberfest Chili Cook-Off
The 7th Annual “Parktoberfest” Chili Cook-Off will be held Saturday, September. 24, 2016 from 4-7 p.m. at the River View Community Park. Parktoberfest 2016 - 7th Chili Annual Cookoff info and form.
Resolutions and Minutes Added
Documents have been uploaded to our Government Page.
Ordinance and Minutes added
Ordinance for Form Code Enforcement Letter and March Minutes have been uploaded Government Page.
2016 Pool Employee Applilcation
2016 Pool Employee Application has been added to the Parks Page.