Park Facilities & Programs
River View Community Park
In 1965, Robert Jonard, President of the Warsaw Lions Club, had a dream to create a local community park that would serve the Village Residents of Warsaw as well as the western half of Coshocton County. In 1967 this dream came to fruition, becoming a reality when the River View Community Recreation Corporation purchased a 10-acre tract of land on the eastern edge of Warsaw.
The park has since expanded to 18 acres of beautifully maintained land and serves as a gathering place for many of the village's residents. Numerous festivals and sporting events take place at the park throughout the year and you can often find impromptu gatherings during the weekends.
With the parks increased use and growth has come numerous additions to the equipment and facilities located there.
THE RIVER VIEW COMMUNITY PARK INCLUDES:
- A colorful children's playground - complete with swings, monkey bars and slides (as well as benches for the parents)
- A Tennis Court
- Men and Women Restroom Facilities
- Eight half-court basketball arenas, all well maintained and freshly painted.
- Two picnic shelters, one with a full kitchen. As well as numerous non-sheltered picnic tables.
- Three full-sized, fenced baseball diamonds (all of which are lighted).
There is ample room for parking your vehicle, even during the busiest of events and festivities.
The River View Community Park Board is a volunteer organization that meets on the second Tuesday of every month at the Village Hall, 7:00pm. Their objective is to oversee the day to day operations of the park and pool conduct fund raisers in support of them. All are welcome to join!
The Park Board Officers wish to thank all of the many dedicated community volunteers who give of their time and resources to support the Park Boards project to support the River View Community Park.